IDACO nyc 2017 (May 30th, June 4th) is interested in works of choreographers & artists, whose artistic idea or
concept relate to Italian culture, regardless of their nationality
IDACO’s mission is to connect Italian and international choreographers and artists who live or visit New York City with the local contemporary art scene. We want to encourage networking and artistic research between the multiple creative resources of NYC performing arts. IDACO will build relationships and offer
a supportive, inspiring, creative environment for visual & video artists, musicians, sculptors, photographers, and all artists who are working with the "art
IDACO celebrates contemporary movement-based performance, through the striking contribution of Italian and international artists. This year,
IDACO will present projects that relate to the theme “TransformAction”.
TransformAction, the act of making art in response to alteration, substitution, ongoing changes that define the circumstances of our lives. The actuality of becoming different drives our actions. Movement lives where being and action meet, bringing together our inborn perception, with intuition, potential, discovery and ongoing co-creation.
IDACO nyc 2017 incorporates two concepts: IDACO-OFF & IDACO-ON
Four evenings dedicated to the experimental and innovative projects of Italian or international choreographers and artists
The proposed work may include:
IDACO nyc 2017 will guarantee selected applicants: up to two performances at BARUCH PERFORMING ARTS CENTER and other site-specific to be confirmed, between May 30th and June 4th 2017; promotion and marketing; photo and video documentation of the performance; technical support and facilities; participation in the opening and closing receptions and all networking events of the event (e.g., workshops, seminars, video projections, art exhibitions); meetings with USA, and possibly European, presenters to promote the selected artists’ work.
- Applicants must submit a project of 15min max (IDAC-OFF), or a project of 30 min max (IDAC-ON). If you wish to propose a longer or shorter project please email your request to: email@example.com
- Applicants could apply for more than one project and for both evenings, but each project should have a separate application
- Each project will be revised by the IDACO nyc Artistic Board
- We will prioritize US "premiere."
We strongly recommend to submit a video sample of the proposed work (even if it is a rehearsal footage). However, if the video is not a sample of the proposed project, an alternative work may be accepted.
- Selected Applicants for IDACO-OFF will have 1 week to confirm their participation and will be charged a production fee of 100$.
- Selected Applicants for IDACO-ON will have 1 week to confirm their participation and will be charged a production fee of 150$.
The selected projects will be presented at IDACO nyc 2017 between May 31st and June 4th 2017.
The program's schedule will be communicated to the participants once all technical details will be defined.
TO PAY THE PRODUCTION FEE (IDACO ON 150$/ IDACO OFF 100$) VIA PAYPAL, PLEASE CLICK ON BUTTON BELOW