IDACO nyc 2018 (May 21st - 27th) is interested in works of Choreographers & Artists, whose artistic idea or
concept relate to Italian culture, regardless of their nationality
IDACO’s mission is to connect Italian and international choreographers and artists who live or visit New York City with the local contemporary art scene. We want to encourage networking and artistic research between the multiple creative resources of NYC performing arts. IDACO will build relationships and offer
a supportive, inspiring, creative environment for visual & video artists, musicians, sculptors, photographers, and all artists who are working with the "art
IDACO celebrates contemporary movement-based performance, through the striking contribution of Italian and international artists.
IDACO nyc 2018 / INTER ZONE – EU Junction
Junction refers to a place where multiple things or people meet, a zone between territories.
This year IDACO will focus on the ideas of intersection and junction, with particular attention to the diversity and dialogue between European
countries. As new barriers and walls emerge, IDACO nyc would like to raise interest toward the importance of meeting, joining and overcoming distances.
This effort may lead to a zone in between, a shared space held for artists of different nations to come close to one another.
IDACO nyc 2018 incorporates two concepts: IDACO-OFF & IDACO-ON
Four evenings dedicated to the experimental and innovative projects of Italian or international choreographers and artists
The proposed work may include:
IDACO nyc 2018 will guarantee selected applicants: up to two performances at BARUCH PERFORMING ARTS CENTER and other site-specific to be confirmed, between May 21st and May 27th 2018; promotion and marketing; photo and video documentation of the performance; technical support and facilities; participation in the opening and closing receptions and all networking events of the event (e.g., workshops, seminars, video projections, art exhibitions); meetings with USA, and possibly European, presenters to promote the selected artists’ work.
- Applicants must submit a project of 15min max (IDAC-OFF), or a project of 30 min max (IDAC-ON). If you wish to propose a longer or shorter project please email your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants could apply for more than one project and for both evenings, but each project should have a separate application
- Each project will be revised by the IDACO nyc Artistic Board
- We will prioritize US "premiere."
We strongly recommend to submit a video sample of the proposed work (even if it is a rehearsal footage). However, if the video is not a sample of the proposed project, an alternative work may be accepted.
The application deadline is on December 18th, 2017 at 11:59pm ET.
The Application Fee is 50$. Only selected Applicants will be notified via email.
- Selected Applicants for IDACO-OFF will have 1 week to confirm their participation and will be charged a production fee of 100$.
- Selected Applicants for IDACO-ON will have 1 week to confirm their participation and will be charged a production fee of 150$.
The selected projects will be presented at IDACO nyc 2018 between May 21st and May 27th 2018.
The program's schedule will be communicated to the participants once all technical details will be defined.
TO PAY THE APPLICATION FEE of 50$ VIA PAYPAL, PLEASE CLICK ON BUTTON BELOW