IDACO nyc 2020 (May 14th - 18st) is interested in works of Choreographers & Artists, whose artistic idea or
concept relate to Italian culture, regardless of their nationality
IDACO’s mission is to connect Italian and international choreographers and artists who live or visit New York City with the local contemporary art
scene. We want to encourage networking and artistic research between the multiple creative resources of NYC performing arts. IDACO will build
relationships and offer a supportive, inspiring, creative environment for visual & video artists, musicians, photographers, and all artists
who are working with the "art of movement".
IDACO nyc 2020's theme
U-MAN ACTION ( Equality - Climate - Rights - Peace )
The 2020 edition will give space to another global challange.
"U-MAN ACTION" will focus on decision- making, impact, and collective responsabilities.
IDACO nyc 2020 will have 2 SECTIONS.
1- IDACO / MANHATTAN @ ABROS ARTS CENTER 4 shows
Recognized choreographers or Companies proposing full length dance projects based on the original music of a single composer (possibly live) or
with a clear theatrical concept inspired by an author, painter, sculptor, dancer, photographer, architect, or filmmaker (lenght 30/45 min)
2- IDACO / BROOKLYN @ THE BRICK THEATER 4 shows
Solo / Duet/ Trio performances, Films and Intermissions performances.
Experimental and innovative projects of Italian or international choreographers and artists (lenght up to 15 min)
The proposed work may include:
IDACO nyc 2020 will guarantee to selected applicants: up to two performances at the ABRONS ARTS CENTER or THE BRICK THEATER and other site-specific to be confirmed, between May 14th and May 18th 2020; promotion and marketing; photo and video documentation of the performance; technical support and facilities; participation in the opening and closing receptions and all networking events of the week (e.g., workshops, seminars, film screening).
APPLICATION GUIDELINES & RULES
- Applicants must submit a dance project of 15min max (IDACO/ BROOKLYN), a film (IDACO/BROOKLYN) or a full lenght project of 30/45 min max (IDACO/ MANHATTAN). If you wish to propose a longer or shorter project please email your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants could apply for more than one project and for more evenings, but each project should have a separate application
- Each project will be revised by the IDACO nyc Artistic Board and Artistic Director
- We will prioritize a US "premiere."
We strongly recommend to submit a video sample of the proposed work (even if it is a rehearsal footage). However, if the video is not a sample of the proposed project, an alternative work may be accepted.
The Selected Applicants have a mandatory Production fee to pay
The Production Fee for a IDACO/ MANHATTAN is 200$
The Production Fee for a IDACO/ BROOKLYN is 100$
The Production Fee for a FILM is 20$
Only selected Applicants will be notified via email.
- Selected Applicants for IDACO/ MANHATTAN will have 1 week to confirm their participation and will be charged a production fee of 250$.
- Selected Applicants for IDACO/ BROOKLYN will have 1 week to confirm their participation and will be charged a production fee of 100$.
The selected projects will be presented at IDACO nyc 2020 between May 15th and May 18th 2020
The program's schedule will be communicated to the participants once all technical details will be defined.
DEADLINE for the APPLICATION is on Monday, Janaury 6th, 2020 at 11:59pm ET
APPLICANTION FEE for a Film is $20
TO APPLY FOR A FILM PROJECT PLEASE CLICK ON THE FILMFREE WAY BUTTON BELOW
APPLICANTION FEE for a Dance Project is $50
TO APPLY FOR A DANCE PROJECT PLEASE FILL THE FORM & CLICK ON THE BUTTON BELOW TO PAY